02/02/2015 // 1-800 Car Wreck Fort Worth // (press release)
Contacting a personal injury lawyer can be an important first step to recovery for people who have incurred significant losses after a serious car accident. However, some legal experts suggest that the ideal way to protect oneself legally in these types of matters is to already have the research out of the way for which attorney they would choose. Why bother if one has not been involved in an accident yet? The following statistics may help shed light on the issue.
– According to U.S. Census data, approximately 6 million car accidents occur every year
– An estimated 3 million people are injured by car accidents in the U.S. annually
– An estimated 25 percent of all drivers may become involved in a car wreck within the span of a 5-year-period.
There are several reasons many individuals require the assistance of a personal injury lawyer when they have been involved in a traffic accident. These include:
– Not having access to the right medical care – Most accident victims are unable to afford emergency medical assistance out of pocket. These expenses typically range from hundreds to thousands of dollars depending on the severity of an injury. A high percentage of injured car wreck victims require emergency medical care as well as follow up therapy and medical treatment in order to fully recover from their injuries. Attorneys in this area can help injured accident victims obtain necessary medical care without their having to pay out of pocket for it up front.
– The need for an investigator to examine the scene – Vehicular accident reconstruction may be required to determine the cause of an accident and whose actions were at fault when personal injury claims are involved.
Source: Wikipedia Article “Vehicular accident reconstruction”
“Vehicular accident reconstruction is the scientific process of investigating, analyzing, and drawing conclusions about the causes and events during a vehicle collision. Reconstructionists are employed to conduct in-depth collision analysis and reconstruction to identify the collision causation and contributing factors in different types of collisions, including the role of the driver(s), vehicle(s), roadway and the environment.”
To read further visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicular_accident_reconstruction.
– Needing help dealing with an insurance company – A legal advocate has the knowledge and experience to help those who feel an insurance adjuster is being unfair in negotiating a settlement for one’s case. The job of insurance adjusters job it is to limit the amount a company will be required to pay for damages that are purported to have been caused by the actions of their insured.
Source: DMV.org “When To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney”
“As you seek reimbursement, remember that it’s extremely common to get pushback on these expenses. Insurance companies try to avoid paying more than they need to and will check to make sure all the expenses are valid.”
To read more, visit http://www.dmv.org/insurance/when-to-hire-a-personal-injury-attorney.php.
According to Fort Worth based personal injury attorney Kris Heald, who works with the Witherite Law Group law firm, “many people don’t think to research attorneys until they have an urgent need for one, but knowing who they will call long beforehand can save them a lot of headache in the long run.” The attorney who is a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, was recently interviewed on the topic by Wired PR News, stating “the statistics are clear when it comes to showing individuals that a car accident can occur anywhere, at anytime, for practically any reason. Why not be prepared just in case?”
Many accident victims have reported being confused about who to call immediately after a wreck and make a rash decision because they feel pressured by statutes of limitations and other constraints when in an urgent situation. Being prepared to protect oneself legally and financially in the event of an accident does not necessitate going out and hiring an attorney immediately. However, researching local firms and the credentials of attorneys can put a person steps ahead in the event that one does become involved in a car wreck and the need for an attorney arises.
Url: 1-800 Car Wreck Fort Worth