What Are the Major Causes of Fort Worth Car Accidents?
Fort Worth car accidents can be caused by a number of things. It is typically a negligent act on the part of one driver that causes an accident to occur, but sometimes other factors such as road hazards, and mechanical failure are major contributors. When one is involved in a car accident in Fort Worth, it is important that an investigation is carried out immediately to determine the cause so that those responsible can be accountable for reimbursing victims.
Among the most common causes of car accidents that lead to legal recovery for injured victims involved are:
- Drunk driving – Statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that two in three people will be involved in an accident related to drunk driving during their lifetime.
- Driving while under the influence of drugs – According to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration survey approximately 10 million people reported having driven under the influence of illicit drugs sometime in the prior year.
- Fatigued driving – Statistics show that more than 70,000 injuries are caused by fatigued driving each year.
- Driving at excessive speeds – Speeding is stated to contribute to over an estimated 30 percent of car accident fatalities.
- Distracted driving – According to CDC statistics, over an estimated 400,000 people are injured annually in a motor vehicle accident involving a distracted driver.
- Texting while driving – The risk of text messaging while driving increases by 23 times compared to driving while not being distracted.
- Driving while using a mobile device or other gadget – Statistics show that over an estimated 20 percent of auto accidents involve cell phones.
Whatever the cause of a serious accident, if negligence or misconduct was a factor, a personal injury lawyer can be a strong support system for those who need legal help. Getting help with recovering damages associated with a crash caused by a driver’s negligence or wrongful actions, voluntary or involuntary, is the only way many injured accident victims can get rid of the heavy financial burden imposed on them after experiencing this type of hardship.
Individuals who have been involved in a Fort Worth car accident can contact an area personal injury lawyer for help with getting reimbursed for medical expenses and other costs. At the Eberstein & Witherite law firm, our Fort Worth car accident attorneys go a great length to ensure that the rights of our clients are fully protected when it comes to getting just compensation in these matters. We will immediately set in motion an investigation, gather supporting documents and evidence, and conduct other high priority activities to ensure the best outcome for your case.
If you have been injured by a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence or misconduct, contact the Eberstein & Witherite law firm for help today. We have helped many who have been involved in Fort Worth car accidents and don’t know where turn find the best legal solutions for getting the compensation they deserve. If you need help, call 1-800-CAR-WRECK to connect with someone from our Fort Worth law office today.