09/23/2015 // 1-800 Car Wreck Fort Worth // (press release)
Fort Worth Fire Department was called to the scene to extricate a person who had become trapped in a wrecked vehicle.
Fort Worth personal injury / car accident lawyer Amy Witherite weighs in on the the most commonly reported causes of traffic accidents.
Source: CBSDFW.COM Report “Fort Worth FD Freed Person Trapped In Wrecked Car”
“FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — Fort Worth Fire Department crews extricated a person from a wrecked car in the 3400 block of East Lancaster Avenue on Sunday, officials say…Fort Worth FD Lt. Gregg Russell said the driver’s lower body was trapped after the vehicle hit a tree. Russell said the crews had to use the Jaws of Life to tear away the vehicle and roll back the dashboard in a long process to free the victim. Police were on the scene. The cause of the crash is unknown.”
According to Fort Worth based car accident lawyer Amy Witherite of the Eberstein Witherite LLP law firm, accidents like these occur with more frequency than most people expect. As the fifth largest city in the state of Texas, Fort Worth sees thousands of car accidents each year. Says Witherite “the most tragic aspect of most of the serious Fort Worth cases our firm takes on is the fact that they were caused by acts of sheer negligence.”
Witherite says that among the most common reported causes of car accidents in the city include:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol – Statistics show that in the United States, driving while under the influence of alcohol causes one death every 51 minutes.
- Texting while driving or using a cellular device – Texting while driving has been outlawed in several states; however, there has yet to be the passage of a statewide ban in Texas. Studies show that a significant percentage of drivers in the state have admitted to engaging in the dangerous practice. The same holds true for other mobile device distractions.
- Speeding – Driving at excessive speeds is stated to account for approximately one third of fatal crashes in the United States.
- Distracted Driving – According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention “Each day in the United States, more than 9 people are killed and more than 1,153 people are injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver.”
- Driving while fatigued – According to past data released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration “there are 56,000 sleep related road crashes annually in the USA, resulting in 40,000 injuries and 1,550 fatalities.”
Legal Options for Fort Worth Car Crash Victims
Those who have been injured in serious car crashes in Fort Worth can get an assessment of their legal options in the event that the accident was caused by the negligence of someone else. Individuals who have a valid claim may be eligible for compensation for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, property destruction, and other damages that they incur as a result. A Fort Worth personal injury attorney can help those facing related financial challenges understand what legal recourse is available to them for recovering compensation from those liable in their specific case.
Url: 1-800 Car Wreck Fort Worth